WORKSHOP – Collaborative Collecting
Facilitated by Helen Wakely, Inclusive Collections Lead, Wellcome Collection
- Daniela Vasco and Elissavet Ntoulia, Visitor Experience Assistants, Wellcome Collection
- Nicole-Rachelle Moore, New Beacon Books, London
- Elizabeth Graham and Melanie Grant, Collections Development Librarians, Wellcome Collection
Responding to the theme ‘What does an inclusive library look like?’, this interactive workshop will explore ways in which we can rethink the act of acquiring materials in order to bring multiple perspectives into our collections. We will:
- Reflect on inclusive approaches to collecting being trialled in Wellcome Collection;
- Consider the ethical and practical questions that new kinds of collecting present;
- Put our heads together to come up with ideas for developing the collections we each care for.
As part of the workshop, we will have the opportunity to investigate Wellcome Collection’s Reading Room.
Part gallery, part library, and part events space, the Reading Room is an experimental, interactive place where visitors can come to look, read, touch, think, create, write, talk and share. Members of the public will be welcome to drop in to listen or share their thoughts with us during the workshop.
Please note this workshop is restricted to a maximum of 10 participants.